How to be an Ethical Solicitor Workshop: Cardiff, 4 Oct 2017
This Workshop course bridges that gap.
Mena Ruparel, an experienced legal trainer and co-author of How to be an Ethical Solicitor, will review the 10 foundation principles set out in the SRA Handbook and the situations in which practitioners might find themselves facing an ethical dilemma.
She will then look at the ethics of social media use and the possible pitfalls using practical examples to discuss.
Crucially, there is a limited number of delegates for each workshop so there will be plenty of time to discuss the issues that matter to you and learn from the experience of your peers.
You will have a clear understanding of the ethical principles underpinning a solicitor's legal practice and gain insights into how you can apply those principles in your workplace
The course helps fulfil requirements A, C1 and C2 of the SRA Statement of Competence
Book early - Only 25 delegates per workshop
To ensure that each workshop is interactive, personal and focused, each one is limited to a maximum of 25 delegates so book early to make sure of your place
This Workshop is no run of the mill legal training - it is a complete training package that will help you and your colleagues improve your approach to ethical dilemmas in practice.
Book your place and benefit from:
- attendance at one of the workshops at a venue of your choice across the country
- limited numbers, ensuring high quality, focused training and interaction so you get the most out of your time
- print & digital copies of How to be an Ethical Solicitor - worth £39.50 when sold separately
- access to the accompanying online course so you can reinforce the knowledge gained from reading the book
- a certificate of completion for use in your competence training records
Mena Ruparel is a leading legal trainer and writer, with extensive experience for the Law Society, CLT, The Solicitors Group and other training providers.
She runs her own consultancy Law CPD Solutions, providing firms with help on training, regulation and competence. She is Chief Assessor of the Law Society Family and Advance Family Accreditation Scheme. She also sits on the Law Society Family Committee and is the Chief Examiner of the CILEx Level 6 Family Law.
Mena continues to practice whilst training and writing on a range of legal matters.
Who should attend?
These hands on workshops will benefit all levels of solicitor including:
- qualified solicitors seeking a refresher on the SRA principles
- trainees and those on the professional skills course
- CILEx members in SRA regulated firms seeking to fulfil their Professionalism CPD requirement
- those returning to work after a career break
- firms looking to establish ethical practice at the heart of their firm
Cardiff: 2-5pm, 4th October 2017
Each workshop will be hosted in a central city location.
Confirmed details will be sent by email a month before your event
If booking 3 delegates, you will be sent 3 tickets by email that you can then assign to the individuals attending
If you wish to send more than 3 delegates to a single event, please contact us on 01225 577810 or email email@example.com
Cancellations are allowed up to 30 working days before the booked event. Cancellations within 30 days are at the organiser's discretion. Transfers to another venue are subject to availability
Payment by invoice
Please call us on 01225 577810 if you wish to set up an account and pay by invoice